This is our final year at Bath Spa University, and the Hatched blog is a record of our journey towards the Free Range Show in July 2011.
The countdown begins, and the work is forming...
Keep up to date with what we are doing by following us.

Monday 2 May 2011

Kayleigh Peett

Artist of the Week - 1st May 2011




I use paper as a means of exploring and creating a relationship between image and text, fragility and sensuality and the narratives of material properties of the paper; fragility, purity and communication. 
All of my work is hand cut as the imperfections that show are a big part of the working practice, it shows my relationship with materials and the tools I use and the processes of transformation a drawing or a sheet of paper undergoes before it is evolved into a new image. The fact that a viewer can observe such a transformation is of significance as it explicates my intentions behind the making of the work.




No comments:

Post a Comment